Terms and Conditions
The present Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) set forth the terms applicable to the access and usage of the website identified as https://parentinghealthinstitute.com/ and https://iphi.teachable.com/(the “Websites”). By way of the Website, users may participate in a number of International Parenting and Health Institute (IPHI) programs, as well as benefit from consulting services, Holistic Health Coach Education, Business Sanctuary and additional consulting service offered through our website.
Definitions and Background
In these Terms and Conditions, users of the Website are collectively referred to as “Users” and individually Users of the Website are referred to as a “User”.
The Website is operated by International Parenting & Health Institute, LLC, a limited liability company organized under the laws of the State of California. In these Terms and Conditions, International Parenting & Health Institute, LLC is hereinafter referred to as “IPHI”. Any courses or programs offered by IPHI are collectively referred to as the “Programs” or individually, as a “Program”. Any Users or individuals who enroll in a Program and subsequently participate therein shall be collectively referred to as “Students” and individually referred to as a “Student”, “you”, “your” and other similar expressions. Upon a Student’s successful completion of a Program and requirements, IPHI shall provide the Student with a certification. Any Users or individuals who successfully complete in an IPHI Program and receive and official IPHI certification therein shall be collectively referred to as “Graduates” and individually referred to as a “Graduate”, “you”, “your” and other similar expressions. Any Users or individuals who participate in consulting services (free or paid) whether individual or group are referred to as “Member”, “you”, “your” and other similar expressions.
Agreement regarding the International Parenting and Health Institute (IPHI) Programs
The present Terms and Conditions include the IPHI Certification Program Agreement (“Agreement”), thereby governing the terms upon which Students, Graduates and Members may benefit from IPHI Programs and consulting.
Any violation of any provision of the Agreement may give rise to sanctions, including, without limitation, the prohibition from completing an IPHI Program, the invalidation of a Student’s final project or exam, the suspension or revocation of a Student’s or Graduate’s certification, or expulsion from a IPHI Program.
Students understand that if upon the fulfillment of all the requirements of any of IPHI programs, the relevant Student will have completed the required education and training that complies with IPHI’s philosophy. Further, such Student will have been deemed to have fulfilled the requirements to represent the IPHI as an IPHI Graduate.
Materials Provided as Part of Programs
Students, Graduates and Members may download downloadable course materials from our course platform during their course access time to our platform prior to their course deadline. Students and graduates are prohibited from sharing, copying, reproducing or publishing any materials, including educational materials, content, illustrations, handbooks, handouts, documentation and other materials (collectively, the “Materials”) received or otherwise obtained during IPHI Programs or trainings.
The Materials are proprietary to IPHI and are protected by copyright. Any unauthorized usage or reproduction of the Materials is strictly prohibited and would constitute copyright infringement, for which the infringing Student, Graduate or Member may be held liable.
Limited Warranties regarding the Programs
Although the IPHI Programs are intended to prepare, educate and support Students, Graduates and Members and further their professional careers, every Student, Graduate and Member is solely responsible for the income the Student, Graduate and Member generates. IPHI is unable to guarantee that Students will: (i) complete the IPHI Program successfully, (ii) obtain the IPHI certification, (iii) generate a minimum amount of income as a result thereof, and (iv) be successful.
Further, the IPHI does not guarantee that the IPHI Program(s) will meet the Students’, Graduates’ or Members’ expectations or needs. Income, certification and success are dependent upon the understanding and understanding of the principles learned throughout the Program and the time-investment made by the Student, Graduate and Member. Considering IPHI will have no control over the Student’s, Graduate’s or Member’s application of the principles taught during the IPHI program and their implementation, IPHI provides no guarantees as to the Student’s, Graduate’s or Member’s satisfaction and success in connection with an IPHI program or Consulting Service.
You further understand that if you fail to attend the courses provided as part of the IPHI Program and/or if you fail to meet all the requirements for any reason and do not receive the IPHI certification, you will have the option to retake parts of the Program at your expense.
If medical or unusual circumstances prevent you from completing the training, a special permission may be granted to allow you to retake parts of the Program, at your full expense. IPHI may request medical records to confirm your inability to complete the training.
You understand that IPHI reserves the right to ask you to leave any IPHI represented Program or Consulting Service if your behavior is inappropriate, unethical or violates this Agreement or our IPHI Community Guidelines. In these unusual circumstances, you understand you will not be refunded for any fees paid.
To continuously enhance, improve and update education, IPHI may, in its sole discretion, change any of their Professional Certification Programs or Consulting Services without prior notice. Any changes to the Professional Certification Program or Consulting Service will be published on the IPHI Teachable website (https://iphi.teachable.com/). Such changes may include, without limitation, adding or deleting available Certification(s) and modifying program content, certification requirements, test objectives, outlines and exams, including how and when exam scores are issued.
The changes will be effective and binding upon their publication on the Website and/or on the IPHI Teachable website. Unless otherwise indicated, these changes will not affect any previously completed certifications.
ANY EARNINGS OR INCOME STATEMENTS, OR EARNINGS OR INCOME EXAMPLES PROVIDED BY IPHI ARE ONLY ESTIMATES OF EARNING POTENTIAL. IPHI DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY ASSURANCE THAT STUDENTS WILL ACHIEVE THE EARNING POTENTIAL AND FIGURES DISCLOSED.
YOU SHOULD NOT RELY UPON THESE FIGURES IN ISOLATION TO DETERMINE YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL AND FUTURE EARNINGS. YOU THEREFORE AGREE TO PROCEED AT YOUR SOLE RISK, ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THE EARNING POTENTIAL AND FIGURES PROVIDED ARE NOT BINDING.
WHERE SPECIFIC INCOME FIGURES ARE USED, AND ATTRIBUTED TO AN INDIVIDUAL OR BUSINESS, THOSE PERSONS OR BUSINESSES HAVE EARNED THAT AMOUNT. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL GENERATE SUCH INCOME.
ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR REPRESENTATIONS, AS TO INCOME EARNINGS ON THIS WEBSITE, ARE NOT TO BE CONSIDERED AS AVERAGE EARNINGS. THERE CAN BE NO ASSURANCE THAT ANY PRIOR SUCCESSES, OR PAST RESULTS, AS TO INCOME EARNINGS, CAN BE USED AS AN INDICATOR OF YOUR FUTURE SUCCESS OR RESULTS. MONETARY GAIN AND INCOME RESULTS VARY DEPENDING ON MANY FACTORS. IPHI IS UNABLE TO PREDICT HOW MUCH INCOME YOU CAN AND MAY GENERATE AS IPHI IS NOT AWARE OF YOUR BACKGROUND, YOUR WORK ETHIC, OR YOUR BUSINESS SKILLS OR PRACTICES. THEREFORE, IPHI CANNOT GUARANTEE OR IMPLY THAT: (1) YOU WILL GENERATE A MINIMUM AMOUNT OF INCOME, (2) YOU WILL DO AS WELL, OR (3) MAKE ANY MONEY AT ALL. INTERNET BUSINESSES AND EARNINGS DERIVED THERE FROM, INVOLVE SIGNIFICANT RISK, AND ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE.
YOU ARE URGED TO PROCEED WITH CAUTION WHEN RENDERING DECISIONS BASED ON ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED IN IPHI’S PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR WEBSITE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY DOING SO, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE SIGNIFICANT FINANCIAL LOSSES, OR NOT GENERATE ANY MONEY.
ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY IPHI ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. USE CAUTION AND SEEK THE ADVICE OF QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS, SUCH AS YOUR ACCOUNTANT, LAWYER OR PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR, BEFORE ACTING ON THIS OR ANY INFORMATION. USERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO THEIR OWN DUE DILIGENCE WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING BUSINESS DECISIONS. ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES THAT HAVE BEEN PROVIDED SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY YOUR OWN QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS. INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE CAREFULLY CONSIDERED AND EVALUATED, BEFORE REACHING A BUSINESS DECISION. YOU AGREE THAT IPHI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUCCESS OR FAILURE OF YOUR BUSINESS DECISIONS RELATING TO ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED BY IPHI, OR IPHI PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
If you do not understand IPHI’s policies or disclaimers, please contact IPHI to obtain clarification prior to ordering. Pricing is subject to change without any prior notice.
CODE OF ETHICS AND COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
Upon ordering and participating in any IPHI educational or business Program, you accept and agree to adhere to the IPHI Code of Ethics. You therefore confirm having read and understood the IPHI Code of Ethics, and you agree to abide by its terms.
The International Parenting and Health Institute (IPHI) Code of Ethics helps maintain high professional standards of personal integrity, professional competence and practice. The IPHI Code of Ethics applies to all IPHI certified Graduates, Members and enrolled Students.
Any Students, Members and certified Graduates who do not adhere to the IPHI Code of Ethics may be suspended or have their certification and membership revoked.
As a representative of IPHI, Students, Members and Graduates agree to the following:
- Comply with and uphold coaching and consulting: holistic coaching, health and lifestyle coaching, breastfeeding education, pregnancy and postpartum coaching eco-consulting, childbirth education, sleep coaching consulting, nutrition coaching and consulting and baby planner coaching and business coaching industry professional standards.
- Uphold IPHI’s standards of practice and boundaries with respect to practice as defined in IPHI’s course offerings.
- Be objective and promote informed decision-making for all families and clients.
- Be respectful and transparent with clients with regard to their needs and challenges.
- Protect the privacy of clients’ confidential and personal information.
- Not publish, post or share pictures of clients without the relevant client’s prior express written consent.
- Be fair, respectful and courteous to fellow students, members, graduates employees and faculty of the IPHI.
- Assume full responsibility and to be accountable for your individual judgments and actions.
- Assume full responsibility for your business decisions, in accordance with the Earnings Disclaimer contained in this Agreement.
- Act professionally and respectfully in all online communications and publications that are accessible by other professionals and by the public.
- Act in accordance with the highest standards of professional integrity and keep up to date with the standards applicable in the maternity industry.
- Professional integrity includes the avoidance of the following at all times:
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language;
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs;
- Comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to embarrass or defame any person or any organization, including “trolling” (posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track);
- Personal attacks or any comments meant to harass, threaten, bully or abuse;
- Attacks, bashing or unprofessional discussion of other groups;
- Sexual discrimination or harassment;
- Illegal, unethical, illegitimate or otherwise problematic activity;
- Failing to abide with private online forum guidelines;
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity;
- Tone that is harsh, aggressive, argumentative, accusatory, and disrespectful;
- If you post any Registered User Content, you will stay on topic;
- You will not access or use the group to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the group website, or meeting third party through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Websites through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Websites, meetings or group;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Websites for any purpose without our express written permission; provided, however, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public portions of the Websites for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly-available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and You will let us know about inappropriate content of which you become aware. If you find something that violates our Community Guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review it;
- We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Websites, or any portion of the Websites, without notice, and to remove any content that does not adhere to these Community Guidelines.
- Properly represent the IPHI certification considering its most current active curriculum and standards.
- Not copy, imitate, reproduce, or replicate Mar De Carlo’s and IPHI’s specific integrative holistic method and approaches without Mar De Carlo’s prior written consent, in accordance with the non-compete obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
If a Student or Graduate decides to begin their own certification program within the same industry as IPHI and IPHI’s professional market, the Student understands and agrees that this would be considered a conflict of interest and the Student or Graduate can no longer continue receiving IPHI course updates, renewals or information, except with IPHI’s prior written consent.
To be eligible to obtain the IPHI certification, graduating Students must have:
- Read, acknowledged and agreed to the IPHI Code of Ethics, Scope of Practice, Boundaries to Practice, Mission and Complaint Policy, and sign all such documentation to confirm the Student’s acceptance and approval thereof.
- Paid the tuition in full.
- Attended at least 80% of the classes offered as part of the Program, complete all current homework assignments as required implementing IPHI’s standards, and successfully completing the current up to date final project/quizzes/exams as required.
- Completed the course within one (1) year of enrollment. A three (3) month extension may be granted on one occasion if such request is made to IPHI prior to the one (1) year deadline applicable to the course. A $495 reinstatement fee is required to benefit from a six (6) month extension if the course deadline has lapsed.
- For reference purposes, if the one (1) year deadline has lapsed and/or the three (3) month complimentary extension has lapsed within the first six months past the original course deadline, the Student has the option to pay a $295 re-entry fee to submit course work and final project/exam within one (1) month of the receipt of the re-entry payment to complete the certification requirements or has the option to pay a $495 reinstatement fee for an additional six (6) month extension to complete the certification requirements if requested within the first six months following the course deadline that has lapsed. If the one (1) year deadline and/or the three (3) month complimentary extension has lapsed beyond the six (6) months following the course deadline and/or complimentary extension , the Student will be required to re-enroll in the program at full tuition cost.
- Pursued continuing education and renew its certification every two (2) years by completing the renewal form which is subject to the payment of a $75 processing fee. If a Graduate opts out of continuing his or her education after two (2) years of being certified, the Graduate will be no longer benefit from access to current IPHI Programs and support resources.
- Agreed not to use IPHI Materials to train other professionals or to share such Materials with third parties, without IPHI’s consent, the whole in accordance with the non-compete obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- Agreed not to offer similar courses, topics, classes, certifications or content to other professionals or third parties, without IPHI’s consent, as set forth in the non-compete obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- Agreed to speak of IPHI in a positive and respectful manner at all times.
- Any disagreements or concerns with IPHI are to be discussed directly with IPHI where IPHI will work together with the Student to find a mutually acceptable solution. While IPHI will use reasonable efforts to secure a mutually acceptable resolution, IPHI is under no obligation to find a resolution that satisfies the Student.
IPHI reserves the right to withhold the provision of the certification to graduating Students that do not meet the requirements set forth in this Agreement. IPHI further reserves the right to withhold certification based upon the conduct of the graduating Student, as may be demonstrated in communications, including, but not limited to phone calls, e-mails, and certification materials.
Failure to demonstrate a clear and practical understanding of IPHI’s holistic methods approaches or professional standards may result in IPHI choosing to withhold the certification.
IPHI’S STANDARDS OF PRACTICE
IPHI agrees to and follows the International Coaching Federation Ethical Standards
1. IPHI Professionals Explain and ensure that, prior to or at the initial meeting, my coaching Client(s) and Sponsor(s) understand the nature and potential value of coaching, the nature and limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any other terms of the coaching agreement.
2. Create an agreement/contract regarding the roles, responsibilities and rights of all parties involved with my Client(s) and Sponsor(s) prior to the commencement of services.
3. Maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all parties as agreed upon. I am aware of and agree to comply with all applicable laws that pertain to personal data and communications.
4. Have a clear understanding about how information is exchanged among all parties involved during all coaching interactions.
5. Have a clear understanding with both Clients and Sponsors or interested parties about the conditions under which information will not be kept confidential (e.g., illegal activity, if required by law, pursuant to valid court order or subpoena; imminent or likely risk of danger to self or to others; etc.). Where I reasonably believe one of the above circumstances is applicable, I may need to inform appropriate authorities.
6. When working as an Internal Coach, manage conflicts of interest or potential conflicts of interest with my coaching Clients and Sponsor(s) through coaching agreement(s) and ongoing dialogue. This should include addressing organizational roles, responsibilities, relationships, records, confidentiality and other reporting requirements.
7. Maintain, store and dispose of any records, including electronic files and communications, created during my professional interactions in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security and privacy and complies with any applicable laws and agreements. Furthermore, I seek to make proper use of emerging and growing technological developments that are being used in coaching services (technology-assisted coaching services) and be aware how various ethical standards apply to them.
8. Remain alert to indications that there might be a shift in the value received from the coaching relationship. If so, make a change in the relationship or encourage the Client(s)/Sponsor(s) to seek another coach, seek another professional or use a different resource.
9. Respect all parties’ right to terminate the coaching relationship at any point for any reason during the coaching process subject to the provisions of the agreement.
10. Am sensitive to the implications of having multiple contracts and relationships with the same Client(s) and Sponsor(s) at the same time in order to avoid conflict of interest situations.
11. Am aware of and actively manage any power or status difference between the Client and me that may be caused by cultural, relational, psychological or contextual issues.
12. Disclose to my Clients the potential receipt of compensation, and other benefits I may receive for referring my Clients to third parties.
13. Assure consistent quality of coaching regardless of the amount or form of agreed compensation in any relationship
Certified Baby Planner ™
An IPHI-IABPP certified baby planner is a pre-postnatal coach who provides unbiased support, information, education and resources to pre-conceiving, new and expecting parents. By evaluating the specific needs of clients and providing them with the appropriate information, education and resources, baby planners empower their clients to make the best decisions for their growing families.
Baby planners tailor their services to suit their clients’ specific needs, lifestyle and preferences. Baby planners help clients to determine the types of resources, services and products that will be essential for them to utilize on their journey towards parenthood and beyond.
Baby planners are also concerned with educating their clients. By introducing their clients to a variety of options on pre-conception, pregnancy, post-partum and parenting topics, baby planners allow their clients to make informed and educated decisions. Baby planners may introduce their clients to various options regarding birthing, feeding, sleeping, health, fitness, nutrition, eco-friendly living, safety, post-partum support, budgeting, baby gear and more.
Additionally, certified baby planners serve as a matchmakers, coordinators, and specialists. As a matchmaker, a baby planner pairs their clients with the most suitable and reputable services and products based on their specific needs and lifestyle. As a coordinator, a baby planner may organize special events such as baby showers, baby moons, maternity retreats or may arrange for photo shoots and birth announcement designs. As a specialist, a baby planner can offer additional expertise if licensed or accredited in a particular field relating to parenting.
Boundaries to Practice
A certified baby planner does not diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients. Unless a baby planner has additional training or a specialized certification or license in a specific area of practice, a certified baby planner does not prescribe medication or attempt to perform additional services that require advanced training. While some certified baby planners may hold the additional training, certification or licensing needed to offer services such as designing exercise programs and plans, recommending diets or nutritional programs, baby proofing, installing or inspecting car seats, providing therapy, giving pre- or postnatal massage or providing personal training, doula or midwifery services, these practices are outside of a certified baby planner’s scope of practice.
IPHI’s Position on Expertise
IPHI and IABPP do not believe that baby planners should try to be experts at everything. Instead, IPHI encourages members and Students to take the time to pursue the proper training, credentials and licensing in areas they have a specific interest in. Additionally, baby planners who wish to specialize in a field should gain experience and education in that field. Baby planners should also carry the proper liability or professional insurance required for each specialty service they offer.
Baby planners may pursue advanced education, training and certification in specialty areas such as baby product and gear consulting, child and passenger safety, baby proofing and green-proofing.
IPHI recognizes that specializing in any one of these areas involves extensive training, education, and experience. For this reason, level one certified baby planners are not expected or required to choose or develop a specialty.
While the primary role of a baby planner is to serve as a maternity consultant, as baby planners gain training, education and experience or utilize their previous professional backgrounds, they may choose to offer additional specialty services. Baby planners who do not have specialized training, educational backgrounds or certifications are encouraged to build relationships with professionals who offer specialty services and refer their clients to them as needed.
Green-proofer/Eco-Maternity Consultant ™
IPHI certified Greenproofer/ Eco-Maternity consultant™ professionals use an individualized and unbiased approach to assess, motivate, educate and prepare clients for non-toxic living. They provide the guidance to help clients achieve their personal green goals and respond appropriately in emergency situations. Recognizing their own area of expertise, eco-maternity consultants may refer clients to other qualified professionals when appropriate.
Boundaries to Practice
An Eco-Maternity Consultant cannot diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients. Unless an Eco-Maternity Consultant holds an additional license or certification in a specific area of practice, an Eco-Maternity Consultant does not perform installations that require advanced training.
Maternity & Child Sleep Consultant™
The role of a Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant is to empower clients by offering integrative holistic support and education in a non-biased fashion. Maternity and Child Sleep Consultants offer a tailored approach to meeting the unique sleep needs of each individual family during pregnancy and postpartum.
A Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant is committed to helping clients find the root of their sleep challenges and advising clients of their options to allow them to make informed decisions.
A Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant works with families during all stages, from pregnancy to toddler to develop healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate. This may include working with an expecting mother during pregnancy, both parents or single parents during postpartum, and with babies and children.
Additionally, a Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant provides support, information, education and resources based on each individual family’s sleep needs, lifestyle, and culture. Maternity and Child Sleep Consultants do not follow traditional mainstream “one size fits all” approaches. They may use a wide array of approaches to blend and integrate with a holistic perspective developed by founder, Mar De Carlo, and identified as “Sleep Optimizing”
Maternity and Child Sleep Consultants follow the Holistic Science of Sleep Method developed by founder, Mar De Carlo, which thoroughly examines the entire context for sleep – the physical, emotional, social, developmental and environmental factors affecting the family, not just the child sleep problem, to make adjustments to sleep that are adapted to the family’s needs.
Boundaries to Practice
A Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant does not diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients and does not replace the advice of the family’s pediatrician, medical professional or therapist.
Holistic Pregnancy & Child Sleep Practitioner™
A Holistic Pregnancy & Child Sleep Practitioner works with families during all stages to develop healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate. This may include working with an expectant mom during pregnancy, both parents or single parents during postpartum, and with babies and children. Additionally, a Holistic Pregnancy & Child Sleep Practitioner provides support, information, education and resources based on each individual family’s sleep needs, lifestyle, and culture and creates a plan based on the Holistic Science of Sleep Method™ which does not utilize any form of sleep training.
Boundaries to Practice
A Holistic Pregnancy & Child Sleep Practitioner does not diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients and does not replace the advice of the family’s pediatrician, medical professional or therapist.
Integrative Adult Sleep Coach™
An Integrative Adult Sleep Coach is a sleep authority and supportive mentor who motivates individuals to cultivate positive sleep choices. Integrative Adult Sleep Coaches educate and support clients to achieve their sleep goals through lifestyle, environment, emotional and behavior adjustments.
Boundaries to Practice
An Integrative Adult Sleep Coach does not diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients and does not replace the advice of their doctor, medical professional or therapist.
Unless an Integrative Adult Sleep Coach has additional training or a specialized certification or license in a specific area of practice, a Integrative Adult Sleep Coach does not prescribe medication or attempt to perform additional services that require advanced training.
A Pregnancy & Postpartum Educator Coach™
Pregnancy & Postpartum Educators work with pre-conceiving, expecting, and new parents who want to:
- Play an active role in the decision-making process and not feel helpless.
- Increase their self-awareness in preparation for their journey toward parenthood.
- Take responsibility for the type of birth experience they will have.
- Want their experience to be unique, empowering and powerful in its own right.
Pregnancy & Postpartum Educators also support families through the various challenges and different stages of parenthood and help them find strategies and solutions that are right for them.
Additionally Pregnancy & Postpartum Educators ™ work with employers to support women who successfully make the transition from maternity to return to work. Women who have a Pregnancy & Postpartum Educator during their transition through pregnancy into motherhood are more likely to return to work with confidence, tranquility, and clarity.
Boundaries to Practice
A Pregnancy & Postpartum Educator does not diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients and does not replace the advice of the family’s pediatrician, medical professional or therapist.
Unless a Pregnancy & Postpartum Educator has additional training or a specialized certification or license in a specific area of practice, a certified Maternity Coach does not prescribe medication or attempt to perform additional services that require advanced training.
A Pre-Post Natal Nutrition Coach™
A Pre-Post Natal Nutrition Coach works with preconceiving, expecting and postpartum families during all stages to develop healthy nutrition habits providing support, information, education and resources based on each individual nutritional needs, lifestyle, and culture.
Boundaries to Practice
A Maternity Nutrition Coach does not diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients and does not replace the advice of the family’s pediatrician, medical professional or therapist.
Unless a Maternity Nutrition Coach has additional training or a specialized certification or license in a specific area of practice, a certified Maternity Nutrition Coach does not prescribe medication or attempt to perform additional services that require advanced training.
Holistic Childbirth Educator™
The Holistic Childbirth Educator provides preconceiving, expecting parents and new families with unbiased education, information, and resources in preparation for birth to allow families to make informed decisions. This includes information on birthing options, health, safety and support.
Boundaries to Practice
A Holistic Childbirth Educator does not diagnose, treat, examine or medically advise their clients and additionally does not replace the advice of the family’s pediatrician, medical professional or therapist.
Unless a Holistic Childbirth Educator has additional training or a specialized certification or license in a specific area of practice, a Holistic Childbirth Educator does not prescribe medication or attempt to perform additional services that require advanced trainin
IPHI’s Complaint Policy
All complaints against IPHI certified professionals, members, faculty and representatives must be submitted in writing to IPHI as soon as possible and no later than six (6) months following the event giving rise to the complaint. All complaints submitted must be signed and notarized prior to their submission.
Please ensure the complaint includes a detailed account of the incident, the name of the person in question and precise details regarding the event, including the location, date and time.
The IPHI professional involved with the complaint will be notified within one (1) week and may not contact the party placing the complaint as of the notification. Upon review and investigation of the complaint, IPHI will apply unbiased and fair judgement to assess the complaint and render a judgment. Once a final judgement has been rendered, it shall be final. IPHI benefits from the right to decide the consequences of the judgment. IPHI may elect to proceed by removing the professional’s certification, credentials, membership or by issuing warnings. IPHI professionals must undertake to engage in professional behavior and ethics, at all times, according to IPHI’s Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice, And Complaint Policy.
All IPHI certified professionals must agree to the IPHI Complaint Policy prior to beginning the certification process. All IPHI certified professionals must also agree to abide by the decisions made by IPHI, without liability or compensation due to the professionals, who waive their right to sue, institute legal action or obtain any remedy from IPHI.
Provisions of the Terms and Conditions
Users are bound by the confidentiality provisions provided in these Terms and Conditions. Every User agrees not to use any Confidential Information disclosed or obtained from the International Parenting and Health Institute (IPHI) for the User’s own use of for any purpose other then to carry out its obligations as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
For interpretation purposes, “Confidential Information” shall refer to information designated as private or confidential by IPHI and includes, but is not limited to trade secrets, Materials, non-public business information, plans, educational content, materials, data, compilations, spread sheets, costs, and future plans. Users are strictly prohibited from disclosing, sharing, communicating or otherwise providing any Confidential Information to any third party, except with IPHI’s prior explicit written consent.
Every User agrees to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy and avoid disclosure of Confidential Information to prevent it from falling into the public domain or in the possession of persons other than those persons authorized under these Terms and Conditions. Such protection measures shall refer to the highest degree of care that the User can apply. Every User agrees to notify the IPHI in writing of any misuse or misappropriation of Confidential Information, which may come to the User’s attention.
Intellectual Property, Patents and Copyrights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions are intended to grant any rights to the User with regard to any and all rights to patents or copyrights held by IPHI. Users agree to respect the confidentiality of IPHI’s patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, and not to disclose them to anyone.
The Materials provided as part of a Program and all content published on the Website is proprietary to IPHI and may not be reproduced or shared without IPHI’s explicit prior written consent. Trademarks, marks or other intellectual property may be published on the Website. This intellectual property is IPHI’s sole property and IPHI is the exclusive owners of such intellectual property throughout the world, without limitations of time or space.
The reproduction, transmission, sharing and distribution of all or part of any the Materials and/or content provided as part of a Program is expressly prohibited. IPHI does not allow for the reproduction, modification, or transmission of the Materials and information on the Website to any third party without IPHI’s prior specific written consent.
You are permitted to use and copy portions of the Materials and corresponding IPHI content solely for personal and reference purposes. You are not authorized to use the Materials and corresponding IPHI content for commercial or business purposes.
Under these Terms and Conditions, it is strictly forbidden for any Student or Graduate to use IPHI’s course structure, materials, content, or other information to compete with IPHI, or to start, operate, manage or otherwise run a business that will, indirectly or directly, compete or competes with IPHI or Mar De Carlo’s programs.
Students and Graduates shall be strictly prohibited from employing, disclosing or otherwise benefiting from the Confidential Information except to complete the Programs registered with IPHI and even so, all usage thereof shall be with IPHI’s knowledge, approval and consent.
Students and Graduates shall be strictly prohibited from competing with IPHI in any way, whether directly or indirectly, with respect to the IPHI’s business, activities and practices. As such, Students and Graduates shall not provide, share, transmit, disseminate, sell, lease, disclose or otherwise communicate Confidential Information to or on any website, company, organization, entity or individual who operates in the field of training, coaching or advising professionals who are in the fields of adult and child sleep coaching/consulting, baby planner coaching, nutrition coaching/consulting, breastfeeding education, eco-consulting, pre-postnatal coaching, health and lifestyle coaching, pre-postnatal yoga, business/leadership coaching.
Students and Graduates agree not to operate, control, manage, be employed by or otherwise provide services, recommendations or advice to a business that competes with IPHI or offers consultations, courses, materials or advice with respect to business coaching, baby planning coaching, adult sleep coaching, maternity and child sleep consulting, eco-consulting, pregnancy and postpartum coaching, breastfeeding education coaching, nutrition coaching and leadership coaching.
The non-compete obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions shall remain in force for the longest duration permitted by applicable law.
Any breach of the non-compete obligations set forth herein shall give rise to a penalty payable by the breaching Student or Graduate. Unless otherwise specified by IPHI, the penalty shall be in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($ 10,000.00) payable to IPHI immediately upon written request.
Students and Graduates agree not to solicit students, employees, or members of IPHI for their own personal use, including for additional training classes without the written consent of IPHI.
Students and Graduates shall not, directly or indirectly: (i) induce or attempt to induce any client, customer or business relation of IPHI to cease to do business with IPHI, or (ii) induce or attempt to induce any employee of IPHI to leave the employment of IPHI, or (iii) induce or attempt to induce any Students to cease participating in IPHI programs or purchasing IPHI programs.
Any breach of the non-solicitation obligations set forth herein shall give rise to a penalty payable by the breaching Student or Graduate. Unless otherwise specified by IPHI, the penalty shall be in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($ 10,000.00) payable to IPHI immediately upon written request.
Tuition refund requests will be assessed based on the date of official withdrawal for live courses and the date of the course delivery for self-directed courses. The official withdrawal date is the date upon which IPHI receives the written request for a refund. All refunds must be approved by the IPHI before being processed by IPHI’s accounting department. Refunds will be processed within 30 days of IPHI’s approval thereof, subject to the conditions set forth herein.
Sales and Promotions
Refunds are not issued for any self-directed or online live courses sold at a promotional price discount. At the discretion of IPHI, credits may be issued and applied upon the student’s request for courses sold at a promotional price discount.
Refunds will not be granted for any self-directed courses that are immediately delivered upon enrollment or for any live courses. Although Students have a time frame to complete self-directed courses, once immediate access is provided, a credit may be issued if needed but no refunds will be provided.
Online Live Classes
If a Student enrolls in a course that has not been immediately delivered and is based on online live mentoring, a refund may be issued within one (1) week of enrollment if the Student decides not to proceed with such course. However, if a Student purchases a live online class and does not communicate with IPHI within one (1) week of payment to notify of the Student’s intention to not pursue the program, no refund will be issued. A credit maybe issued if the Student’s request is made within the course deadline. If the course deadline has lapsed, the Student will be required to pay a re-enrollment fee. Refunds are not provided for any of the following: (i) special promotions, (ii) one week before a course begins, (iii) after a course payment is made, (iv) after the enrollment form has been completed and immediate access has been given. Credits may be issued upon IPHI’s discretion following an analysis of the situation. If a Student withdraws prior to the start date of a live online course within their course deadline, deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If a Student enrolls in an IPHI course and wants to transfer to another IPHI Program, IPHI must be notified via email directly within two (2) weeks of the enrollment date of the original IPHI course. Students who had full access to an IPHI program will not be granted a transfer.
If a Student withdraws from a self-directed course that is immediately delivered upon enrollment:
- The Student will not receive a refund and a credit may be issued at the discretion of IPHI.
- Students who are unable to complete their course for any reason may ask IPHI for an extension to complete the course at a later date. In such cases, no refunds will be granted.
- Any credits issued are to be used within one (1) year of the Student’s original purchase date. Credits are provided on a case-by-case basis.
- If a course price increases when a Student wishes to return to complete the program after having withdrawn, he/she shall be required to pay price difference.
If a Student withdraws from an online live mentor course:
- Prior to completing the enrollment form and executing the Agreement, he/she will receive full refund of the training balance less (-) an administration fee of $100.
- After completing the enrollment form and at least three (3) days following the purchase date, if a Student has not accessed course content, the Student will receive a 50% refund.
- After completing the enrollment form and at least three (3) days following the purchase date, if a Student has accessed course content, student will not be entitled to a refund. A credit may be issued at the discretion of IPHI.
- After completing the enrollment form and at least one (1) week following the purchase date, if a Student has not accessed course content, no refund shall be issued. A credit may be issued at the discretion of IPHI.
- Students who are unable to complete the purchase course for any reason may ask IPHI for an extension to complete the course at a later date. Such Students shall not be refunded.
- Any credits issued are to be used within one (1) year of the student’s original purchase date. Credits are provided on a case-by-case basis.
- If a course price increases when a Student wishes to return to complete the Program after having withdrawn, he/she shall be required to pay the price difference.
- A pro-rated membership refund will be given. No refunds will be given after four weeks. A $30 per member administrative fee will be charged upon cancellation. MEMBERSHIP FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- A refund will be given. No refunds will be given after forty eight hours and the call can be rescheduled.
As participants in the Program, Students and Graduates agree that any photos or videos produced by IPHI may be distributed without limitation through any means and IPHI does not require any further consents from the Students and Graduates.
Students and Graduates shall not receive any compensation for their participation in the photos or videos. Students and Graduates also agree that IPHI may use their name, likeness, portrait or pictures, voice and biographical material for educational purposes, internally for organizational purposes and/or for advertising and promotional purposes. IPHI shall be authorized to perform the photography and videography and prepare materials involving the same in any way it deems fit and at its discretion. Students and Graduates further agree that their participation in any IPHI program shall not confer upon them any rights to use, any ownership or copyright to IPHI’s materials and content.
Digital Download and Online Access Usage Terms
All registrations and logins to the Website and the programs are validated by original registrant’s IP Address and are recorded each time for validation purposes. Registered students may download downloadable material for their professional use as it relates to their certification during the time they have access to our course platform within their course deadline. If the registered Student shares its login information, the original registrant will immediately lose all privileges and access to the online learning portal and course(s). If Student does not complete their certification within their course deadline or extension deadline, they lose access to our platform. No refund will be issued if the original registrant fails to comply with these terms.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall IPHI be liable for any and all indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, bodily injuries, losses, property damages, claims, fees, costs or damages of any nature, however caused and whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of information provided in IPHI Programs, certifications, the Website or consulting services. IPHI excludes full liability in connection with the earnings generated by a Student or Graduate and the way a Student or Graduate operates its business or services.
IPHI will not be responsible if a Student is unable to access a course, content or Materials due technical issues or errors. Further, IPHI shall not be responsible for any delays, suspensions, or failure to provide the Program as a result of a Force Majeure. Force Majeure events are unforeseeable situations beyond IPHI’s reasonable control, and include wars, government acts, pandemics, epidemics, failure of a telecommunications network, fires, hurricanes and other natural disasters.
For purposes of this section, IPHI shall include its divisions, subsidiaries, successors, parent companies, employees, contractors, partners, principals, agents, and representatives, and any third-party provider or sources of information or data.
Release and Indemnification
You further understand that IPHI certification should not be construed as a guarantee of the quality of your work as an IPHI-certified professional. You therefore agree to indemnify and hold harmless IPHI, its officers, directors and staff from any claims due to negligence, omission or faulty advice that you may give to clients or third parties as an IPHI-certified professional. You understand that IPHI is not responsible for any loss, issues, or damages arising out of your work as an IPHI-certified professional.
You thereby agree to release IPHI, its employees, agents, and assigns from all liability which may arise from any and/or all claims made by yourself or any third party in connection with your participation in the Program(s), your usage of the Website, the certification (obtained or not) and any matters contemplated under this Agreement and these Terms and Conditions.
Provision of Information
You further confirm that all personal information you provided to IPHI is true, complete and correct to the best of your knowledge. You agree to update your personal information on an as needed basis, if the information were to be no longer be true, expire or otherwise be inapplicable. You further understand if any of your personal information is found to be false, IPHI reserves the right to revoke any certification (or certificate) that has been granted on the basis hereof.
IPHI reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to update, revise, supplement, and otherwise modify these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part. IPHI may impose new or additional rules, policies, terms, or conditions applicable to course materials and participation in IPHI programs. These updates, revisions, supplements, modifications, and additional rules, policies, terms, and conditions (collectively referred to as “Additional Terms”) shall be effective immediately upon their publication and shall be deemed incorporated into these Terms and Conditions. Any continued use of any IPHI Program, Website or any downloads licensed from it following the publication of Additional Terms shall signify the User’s acceptance and agreeance to be bound by the Additional Terms. All Additional Terms are hereby incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by this reference.
These Terms and Conditions, including the Agreement contained therein, constitute a binding agreement between IPHI and you. For this reason, IPHI encourages you to review these Terms and Conditions thoroughly. IPHI also suggests that you review these Terms and Conditions every so often to review the latest version hereof. You acknowledge that you will be subject to these Terms and Conditions as though you manually signed them.
Assignment and Waivers
IPHI may assign its rights in these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part. IPHI may also delegate any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions to a third party. You are not permitted to assign your rights and obligations hereunder to any third party.
If IPHI does not insist upon the performance of any obligation set forth in these Terms and Conditions, this will not operate as a waiver of IPHI’s rights nor will it relieve you of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions. Further, if IPHI delays or does not exercise any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions, this will not be interpreted as a waiver of its rights.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms and Conditions, any claim under these Terms and Conditions and/or relating to the Program are subject to the applicable laws in the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, breach thereof, or dispute will be submitted to the competent courts located in the State of California for handling. Exceptionally, IPHI may agree to submit to the dispute to arbitration.