Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant Course
Welcome to the International Maternity and Parenting Institute's (IMPI) Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant Certification program.
This is Component One, a combination of self-paced online and live course introducing you to your role as a coach and all aspects of sleep in your sleep consulting work. Upon completion of Component One, all students receive a Certificate of Training Completion, and are considered graduates of the IMPI Maternity & Sleep Consultant Program. Students may obtain their full certification upon completion of Components Two and Three.
Graduates from the IMPI Maternity & Child Sleep Certification program are trained:
- With an integrative holistic and healthy approach to sleep using healthy sleep foundations.
- To be part of the first child sleep consulting organization to pioneer and include emotional well-being, holistic nutrition, green awareness, breastfeeding and maternity and newborn sleep into child sleep consulting.
- To understand the most widely recognized international adult and child sleep training methods, approaches and practices. Our program provides you the resources and tools to understand the various methodologies and when to apply them, if and when it may be necessary.
- In the science of sleep for adults, infants and children.
- In family dynamics, temperaments, sleep environments, sleep/wake-time windows, sleep associations/crutches, and developmental milestones.
- To offer an objective approach with families in order to develop healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate for their clients' needs, lifestyle, and values.
- To support, educate and prepare families during pregnancy about newborn and child sleep.
- To educate and raise awareness about health, fitness and nutrition for mother (pre/postnatal) in relation to sleep.
- To support parents postpartum with their sleep issues during their time of transition.
- With an understanding of sleep challenges and solutions, lactation, special needs, overnight work, and nutrition.
- With an in-depth look at sleep products and safety.
- With an in-depth look at green and eco-friendly sleep practices.
- With a comprehension of a Sleep Consultant's scope of practice, boundaries to practice, and when to refer.